Granite Place is located in the Deer Park neighbourhood which is centred on the intersection of Yonge Street and St. Clair Avenue. The name dates from 1837 when the Heath family purchased 40 acres of land on the northwest corner of Yonge and St. Clair (then the Third Concession Road) and named it Deer Park. By the 1850s the neighbourhood included a racetrack, a school, and a hotel at which patrons could feed deer which roamed the property. The Heath property was subdivided in 1846 and was entirely sold off by 1874.
The Yonge and St. Clair intersection has a mix of high-rise offices and apartment and condominium towers, coupled with beautiful residential houses, a generous mix of retail stores and a busy street life.
The St. Clair subway station is within walking distance of Granite Place. Drivers are approximately ten minutes from downtown and twenty minutes from Toronto's expressways and highways.
The Yonge and St. Clair shopping district is known for its many fine restaurants and high profile retailers that attract shoppers from all over the city. Most of the local staple and grocery stores are located inside the St. Clair Centre, The Towne Mall or at the Delisle Court.
St. Michael's Cemetery is a historic landmark of the Deer Park neighbourhood, opened by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Toronto on September 28, 1855. One of the most notable features of the cemetery is the octagonal mortuary vault designed by Joseph Sheard, who later became mayor of Toronto.
The Rosehill Reservoir, located just a few blocks east from Granite Place, is one of Toronto's prettiest green spaces. Together with David Balfour Park, this is an oasis in the lively midtown core, ideal for walking, jogging and cycling. Oriole Park is another pleasant surprise in this urban area, located at the northern tip of Deer Park with access to the Belt Line trail, where you can cycle a loop that is almost entirely off road right in the heart of Toronto!